People matter. The Webb Fontaine culture focuses on its employees’ success and happiness ensuring they feel valued across all aspects of their lives. Our team members are identified by their passion and enthusiasm towards excellence and innovation by getting results and developing their skills. Being a team player is key: we care and support each other through integrity and openness.
Webb Fontaine Engineering department consists of both Cross-functional Teams (Technical lead, Product Manager, Scrum Master, Backend/Java/, Frontend/React/ and QA engineers), where engineers are part of a product team; as well as Functional Teams (Test Automation, DevOps engineers) that support the product teams.
We welcome a Java Technical Lead to join our e-payment project and mentor and coach the technical team. You will work with modern and diverse technologies (payment gateway, invoicing system, mobile applications with integration with diverse banks, and our Customs Solution).
Technical Stack: Java, Kotlin, Spring Boot, Elasticsearch, Keycloak, Postgres, Oracle, Docker, K8S
Tools: Git, Bitbucket, TeamCity, Jira, Sonar
Your typical tasks will include:
1. Team technical coaching, mentorship
– team career growth planning
– team technical training and development
– team hiring
2. Set and maintain high standards for software development full cycle
– define efficiency metrics
– set standards for monitoring, alerting, styling, logging, code review, performance, testing, etc.
3. Implement and improve product architecture design
4. Big picture approach
– Work closely with the Product Manager to define the technology solutions of the product for a long-run
Other main duties:
– Design, develop, test, and maintain high-quality scalable web applications and services in java ecosystem;
– Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications; identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues;
– Participate in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts, and team members to analyze business requirements;
– Support and maintain applications in a production environment, when necessary;
– BS (or higher) in Computer Science, Engineering or another relevant field;
– 5+ years of hands-on experience of software development and depth knowledge of Java;
– Experience in Spring/Spring Boot, knowledge of Groovy/Grails is plus;
– Experience developing mobile applications
– Excellent knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL) and ORM frameworks;
– Experience with ElasticSearch and Kafka streaming
– Solid understanding of API, microservice, and integration concepts and technologies, such as REST, JSON, XML, message queues;
– Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery tools;
– Performance analysis of JVM applications, understanding of threading, concurrency, and problems that can result from concurrent processing;
– Experience with containers and logging/monitoring solutions, related orchestration tools, such as Kubernetes.
– Experience with GCP, AWS, Azure, or any other public cloud platform is a plus
– Knowledge of traditional build systems (Gradle, Maven);
– Knowledge of Agile / Scrum process, language, and ceremonies; / understand Agile environment
– Willingness to travel abroad if required;
– Fluency in English.
– Experience working in a DevOps environment
– Experience with quality assurance and quality control
– Medical insurance
– Annual performance bonus
– 13th-month salary
– Paid days-off
– Continuous Development Program (Certification Programs, Book Clubs, Online Learning Platforms, etc.)
We look forward to meeting you in person to discuss the role in detail and hear about your career goals. Please, apply for the vacancy by pressing the “Apply for job” button below.