Webb FontaineHolding LLC
Webb Fontaine is seeking a Data Engineer to join a team providing solutions for the improvement of business activities. This is the perfect opportunity for the successful candidate to become a part of an innovative and energetic team that develops analysis tools which will influence both our products and clients.
- Identify, design, and implement internal processes for the Digital Analytics team – including automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, and redesigning infrastructure for greater scalability;
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and ‘big data’ technologies;
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them with advanced analytics projects, scalable ad-hoc analysis, and automated reporting.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases;
- Experience with big data technologies: Hadoop, Spark, Hive;
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources;
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala;
- Proficient in designing efficient and robust ETL workflows;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability of attention to details and accuracy;
- An active, self-motivated, quick learner, and innovative person;
- Good communication and knowledge sharing skills;
- Fluent in English, knowledge of French is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience;
- At least 2 years of experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.;
- At least 2 years of experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including PostgreSQL and Oracle;
- Relevant experience in ETL, data processing, database programming, and data analytics.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or Software Engineering.