People matter. The Webb Fontaine culture focuses on its employees’ success and happiness ensuring they feel valued across all aspects of their lives. Our team members are identified by their passion and enthusiasm towards excellence and innovation by getting results and developing their skills. Being a team player is key: we care and support each other through integrity and openness.
Webb Fontaine product is a comprehensive suite of e-Government software products of Customs Management System providing diverse solutions to automate the entire Customs clearance process including risk management and accounting. In collaboration with Product and Engineering teams, the Design team creates an optimal experience for our users by investigating and evaluating user requirements to deliver better design solutions.
We welcome an experienced and motivated Lead Designer to take the responsibility of optimizing the existing UI/UX designs, creating and improving the company design approaches and processes, as well as leading the team to improve the performance and grow professionally.
1. Create company-wide UI/UX design strategy and approaches: you will be responsible for defining the perspective and toolset for the design department by developing action plans, guidelines, and workflow models. Typical tasks will be:
– keep abreast of new technology that could be utilized by the organization to retain its competitive advantage
– maintain brand integrity throughout the production process
– develop best practices and standards
– improve and modernize exciting processes
– be involved in the discussions/interviews with clients to understand the requirements
Besides the professional skills, we also value:
– ownership: this means you are to take full responsibility for the Design team and take the tasks from scratch to completion. Staying consistent and responsible are key values here.
– problem-solving skills: acting as the lead of the overall UI/UX design, you are to efficiently determine the best course of action when problems occur and take precautions to prevent such things to happen in the future.
– communication: the role assumes a lot of communication with both the internal teams and our clients. You are to be able to deliver the information efficiently, and also have persuasive skills to convince others that your suggestions are correct and necessary. Both speaking and writing in English is mandatory.
2. Team management: you will lead the design team making sure the team delivers on time and with requirements, as well as grows professionally. We need you to demonstrate:
– leadership: you are to share clear messages and make complex ideas easy to understand for team members and inspire the team to go beyond. Giving on-time feedback and eliminating bottlenecks to help the team members to stay on track is typical work for this position.
– mentorship and coaching: we need someone to support the team to improve their technical skills, so we expect you to provide guidance to team members, answer their questions and help in learning new technologies and grow.
– backlog management: you are to follow up with the board and make sure tasks are delivered on-time
– career growth planning: you will help the team in the long-term career planning by understanding the strong and weak sides of each team member and set a learning path.
– performance management: our employees pass performance reviews and team leads are responsible to conduct the evaluation and take actions due to the results.
– hiring: we plan to grow the design team. Acting as a hiring manager, you will be involved in setting hiring goals and conducting interviews.
3. Teamwork: the work includes a lot of cross-team collaboration, as our design team works with Product Management, Business Analytics, Engineering, and Data teams. We value:
– support: at Webb Fontaine, we are always there helping each other achieve success, show solidarity, and understanding.
– cooperation: you are to find efficient ways to communicate with the team members, solve problems, conduct discussions to get the work done.
– 5+ years of professional experience as a UX, IA, UI, and/or interactive designer
– Experience in a UI/UX designer role with enterprise-level products with several products in a portfolio
– Experience in a leadership position
– Experience in hiring, developing, and managing a UI/UX design team
– Experience creating a UI/UX strategy and processes
– Experience with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, Sketch, Adobe XD
– Understanding of front-end languages: HTML5, CSS3
– Fluency in English
– Medical insurance
– Annual performance bonus
– 13th-month salary
– Paid days-off
– Continuous Development Program (Certification Programs, Book Clubs, Online Learning Platforms, etc.)
We look forward to meeting you in person to discuss the role in detail and hear about your career goals. Please, apply for the vacancy by pressing the “Apply for job” button below.