Webb Fontaine Armenia
Position Summary | Teaching Associate
People matter. The Webb Fontaine culture focuses on its employees’ success and happiness ensuring they feel valued across all aspects of their lives. Our team members are identified by their passion and enthusiasm towards excellence and innovation by getting results and developing their skills. Being a team player is key: we care and support each other through integrity and openness.
Our Excellence center team looks for an experienced Teaching Associate to work with our team of instructors for the “Back-End Software Engineer” Pathway program. As a Teaching Associate, you will be working with our main instructors and/or co-teach part-time some evening (6:30 pm-9:30 pm) or/and weekend (10 am-4 pm) classes. This is a part-time position to teach in-class training in Yerevan.
This position provides a student-centered, supportive classroom that promotes resourcefulness, independent critical thinking while addressing the individual academic and emotional needs of each student.
Tech Stack: Java, Spring Boot, Rest APIs
Details: Part-time, about 10 hours per week, with the ability to stay in your full-time job; the role will require evening and weekend availability.
What you will do:
- Provide a one-to-one teaching experience in the areas of Design Patterns, Databases, Java, Spring Boot, API.
- Assist with the implementation of instructional plans, and teaching of the course content.
- Facilitate group works
- Follow up with homework and other assignments, update assignments, course materials, and attendance records.
- Show evidence of adapting and differentiated instruction for all students and a classroom forum for holistic growth.
- Maintain students records
- Develop and maintain genuine, positive, and consistent communication with students and instructors.
- Practice professionalism through ongoing professional development, reflection, and continuous improvement.
- Respond to learners in Slack and calls to answer technical questions learners have as they work through lessons or assignments/projects-TA
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will bring in:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Technology, Computer Science, or Technical certifications in relevant discipline is a plus.
- Should have a strong familiarity with technical learning content, tools & frameworks including as many of the following as possible:
- Knowledge of Java, Spring Boot, Rest APIs
- Knowledge of relational databases and ORM frameworks is a plus
- Have good communication (verbal and written), facilitation & organization skills
- Someone who loves teaching and sharing
- Practical and hands-on experience is a plus
- Help teams learn by doing.
- Ability to translate abstract technical ideas and concepts into a hands-on curriculum and content for usage within the classroom.
How to apply:
We look forward to meeting you in person to discuss the role in detail and hear about your career goals. Please, apply for the vacancy by pressing the “Apply for job” button below.