People matter. The Webb Fontaine culture focuses on its employees’ success and happiness, ensuring they feel valued across the organization. Our team members are identified by their passion and enthusiasm for excellence and innovation by getting results and developing their skills. Being a team player is vital: we care and support each other through integrity and openness.
We welcome an innovative Staff Engineer to ensure and implement high-quality technology solutions. We need someone with proven experience in modern technologies who will be part of product development at all stages, using the best innovation practices.
Technical Stack: Java 17, Spring Boot, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Kafka, MinIO, GridGain IMDG, Grafana/Prometheus/Jaeger, Kubernetes, Linux
Tools: Git, Bitbucket, TeamCity, Jira, Sonar
Let’s go deep and understand what we expect our new team member will do:
-Participate and guide system design and development at all stages of the development lifecycle
-Implement and improve product architecture design
-Design, develop, test, and maintain high-quality scalable web applications
-Participate in code reviews, identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues
-Participate in project planning sessions
-Ensure compliance with industry standards and safety regulations
-Ability to support and maintain applications in a production environment
-Coach and guide the team members on the development and testing of best practices
The candidate should have the following background:
– Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a relevant field
– At least 8+ years of experience in Engineering roles across multiple technologies and platforms
– 5+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
– Experience partnering with product management teams
– Experience with continuous integration and delivery tools
– In-depth knowledge of Agile process, principles, and metrics (burn down metrics, velocity, lead time, cycle time)
– Experience in leading the design and delivery of distributed scalable systems
– Fluent knowledge of engineering best practices as well as seasoned leadership experience
– Excellent communication and people skills, with the ability to work across departments and senior stakeholders
– Can pioneer new technical directions for projects critical to the company’s success
– At least 5+ years of experience with Java
– Experience in Spring/Spring Boot
– Experience building, launching, and running high-performance, distributed systems
– Experience with containerization and container orchestration technologies, such as Kubernetes
– Excellent knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL) and ORM frameworks
– Experience with observability and monitoring solutions
– Solid understanding of API, microservice, and integration concepts and technologies, such as REST, gRPC, message queues
– Performance analysis of JVM applications, understanding of threading, concurrency, and problems that can result from concurrent processing
– Experience working in a DevOps culture
Nice to have:
– Experience in ELK stack, message brokers such as Kafka
– Experience with Kotlin, Groovy
– Experience in the management and deployment of cloud computing applications and infrastructure
Webb Fontaine values
Excellence: This role requires exceptional excellence across its projects and deliverables, leading the way in quality and time management.
Passion: We are so passionate about what we do, we need someone to join the team that will join us on our quest to transform the Trade environment with enthusiasm and dynamism.
Innovation: Innovation is not just a buzzword for us it’s a way of life, turning ideas into solutions whilst adding value for our customers.
Trust: We hire the best, with complete trust in their ability and creativity.
Collaboration: We believe that all goals can be achieved by teamwork, and you need to be a great team player and a supportive team member.
Happiness: We believe that happiness is a key component in innovation across our business, you need to bring happiness to this role and your colleagues.
Creativity: We need someone full of ideas and initiation, who can bring ideas to the table and implement them with the best quality.
How to apply
We look forward to meeting you in person to discuss the role in detail and hear about your career goals. Please, apply for the vacancy by pressing the “Apply” button below.