Webb Fontaine Group Manila Branch
Senior Java Software Engineer | Job Summary:
We are expanding and growing fast!
We are looking for experienced and qualified Senior Java Software Engineers to join our team of dedicated professionals in a growing Global IT and software development company. You’ll be working in a great environment and with a group of exceptionally friendly professionals committed to getting things done.
- Design, develop, test, and maintain high-quality scalable web applications and services in the Java ecosystem.
- Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to predefined architectural specifications; identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues.
- Participate in project planning sessions with IT product managers, business analysts, and team members to analyze business requirements.
- Support and maintain applications in a production environment, when necessary.
- Coach and mentor junior members of staff.
- Bachelor of Science (or higher) in Computer Science, Engineering, or another relevant field.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in software development and depth knowledge of Java.
- Experience in Spring/Spring Boot, knowledge of Groovy/Grails is plus.
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL) and ORM frameworks.
- Solid understanding of API, microservice, and integration concepts and technologies, such as REST, JSON, XML, message queues.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery tools.
- Performance analysis of JVM applications, understanding of threading, concurrency, and problems that can result from concurrent processing.
- Familiarity with containers and logging/monitoring solutions.
- Experience with GCP, AWS, Azure, or any other public cloud platform.
- Knowledge of traditional build systems (Gradle, Maven).
- Knowledge of Agile / Scrum process, language, and ceremonies.
- Willingness to travel abroad if required.
- Good knowledge of English.
How to apply
We look forward to meeting you in person to discuss the role in detail and hear about your career goals. Please, apply for the vacancy by pressing the “Apply for job” button below.