Webb Fontaine Group FZ-LLC
We are expanding and growing fast! We need a Senior Database Administrator to join our team of dedicated professionals in an exceptionally friendly environment specialized in getting jobs done effectively in a fun atmosphere. If you would like to give it a try, we strongly encourage you!
- Design, implement and document database architecture, replication, operating procedures and standards/conventions
- Train other members of the team especially junior ones
- Keep all relevant documentations and credentials updated
- Collaborate with other teams, parties or partners and ensure that tasks are scheduled and completed on time
- Create Problem tickets and conduct necessary actions to determine appropriate fix on recurring or critical incidents
- Remote/on-call support for databases in production environments especially during critical and service impacting incidents
- Staying abreast of and evaluate to implement the most current release of Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL including compatibility issues with operating systems, new functionalities and utilities
- Implementation and monitoring of backup, replication, performance improvements, security and disaster recovery solutions
- Database administration support which includes installation and configuration, upgrading/patching, monitoring, troubleshooting and maintenance of Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL databases deployed to all environments
- Assist in the extraction and migration of data between databases.
- Supporting various teams regarding DB/query tuning and performance, data modeling, schema design and review
- Maintaining security according to best practices and generating security solutions that balance security & customer needs.
- Elaborate scripts (including stored procedures) for different maintenance tasks of the databases.
- Implementation of international standards for international trade data management (WCO, WTO)
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned by immediate superior as requested and deemed necessary
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Information Systems Management
- At least 10 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL DBA in a high volume, high impact transactional environment including creating Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers, replication
- In depth knowledge of database security standards, replications and best practices
- Shell scripting & strong Linux system administrator skills
- Ability to learn new technologies with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information effectively
- Ability to work extended hours when required
- Certification is an advantage
- Fluent in English, knowledge of French is an advantage