Webb Fontaine Group FZ-LLC
We are looking for a Product Officer (Software Development) who will be the vital link between our Software Development Operations capacity, Business objectives and our stakeholders. The Product Officer is a key member of the Leadership team responsible for ensuring our Products/Software are in line with stakeholder requirements. The role is vital for overall client satisfaction and business success. We are a Global company with presence across 11 different countries and we are growing fast. if you are up for the challenge and would like to be part of this adventure, we encourage you to apply.
- Accountable for the whole product vision and strategy.
- Serve as a strategic software / product thinker while driving and implementing the software / product road-map. Build relationships with clients to inform software / product road-map and communicate software / product vision – in collaboration with HQ Leadership team.
- Identify opportunities through research and insights.
- Recommend strategy, understand competitive positioning for our software / product offering.
- Identify business risks related to the software design and create mitigation strategies.
- Communicating with key stakeholders, product principals and sponsors to ensure that the company products are aligned with company objectives.
- Coordinating high-level product development and communicating the product strategy to the product teams.
- Holding responsibility for the whole product vision and transferring the vision to the team of product leads.
- Leading and coordinating the product leads and business analysts and organizing regular meetings to discuss product specific decisions.
- Provide input on customer-driven software / products functionality while managing the entire software / product life cycle from strategy to execution.
- Provide insight on product features and complex business logic to help improve business process and help enhance product functionality.
- Participating in the big modelling sessions to clarify the big picture requirements.
- Clarifying big details and conveying them to product leads.
- Demonstrating the products to customers, where appropriate.
- Supervising quality assurance processes and system tests.
- Coordinating release announcements across all project teams.
- Prioritizing the big business requirements for the project teams provided by stakeholders.
- Set the software / product direction to enable the company to ensure client requirements are met.
- Inform product decisions with quantitative and qualitative data.
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Actively and frequently engage with business stakeholders to make sure that their needs are captured, that they are informed about the team’s latest developments and that the job holders business knowledge is up to date.
- Researching customer demand for products and identifying potential consumer groups.
- Gathering customer feedback to determine ways that the product could be improved.
- Meeting with stakeholders to create effective channels of communication and pursue different opportunities, where appropriate.
- Staying up to date with industry competitors and competition product developments.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluates development teams, identifying strengths, problem areas, and developing plans for improving performance.
- Track, analyze and monitor performance metrics.
- Participate in identifying current and future manpower needs for product management & business analysis in collaboration with leadership team and other officers through planned activities.
- Conduct short listing, interviews and selection in collaboration with the HR Team and involved Hiring Team.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (With background in Economics.
- Experience in user case analysis, Agile.
- Deep analysis and understanding of business logic of Products & software.
- 5 years in product Management.
- Understanding of QA Processes / High level understanding of QA activities.
- 5 – 10 Years in Strategic Product / Delivery Management Role in Software Development / IT Industry
- 3+ years in Software / product development.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful software / product throughout its life cycle.
- Proven ability to develop software / product and strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to leadership team.
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job.
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization.
- Understanding of multiple Software technologies and platforms.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Proactive problem solver.
- Strong Business Acumen.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. An articulate and effective presenter and influencer, able to describe complex problems and solutions in simple or understandable terms.