Webb Fontaine Group FZ-LLC
We need a Database Administrator to join our team of dedicated professionals in an exceptionally friendly environment specialized in getting jobs done effectively in a fun atmosphere. If you would like to give it a try, we strongly encourage you!
- Database administration support which includes installation and configuration, upgrading/patching, monitoring, troubleshooting and maintenance of Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL databases deployed to all environments.
- Remote support for databases in production environments.
- Staying abreast of the most current release of Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL including compatibility issues with operating systems, new functionalities and utilities.
- Implementation and monitoring of backup and disaster recovery solutions.
- Assist in the extraction and migration of data between databases.
- Supporting various teams regarding DB/query tuning and performance, data modeling, schema design and review.
- Maintaining security according to best practices and generating security solutions that balance security & customer needs.
- Elaborate scripts (including stored procedures) for different maintenance tasks of the databases.
- The incumbent shall also have responsibilities in supporting and administering Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL databases.
- Implementation of international standards for international trade data management (WCO, WTO).
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned by immediate superior as requested and deemed necessary.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Information Systems Management
- Knowledge of Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL DBA in a high volume, high impact transactional environment including creating Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers
- In depth knowledge of database security standards and best practices
- Ability to learn new technologies with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information effectively
- Ability to work extended hours when required
- Shell scripting & strong Linux system administrator skills
- Certification is an advantage
- Fluent in English, knowledge of French is an advantage