People matter. The Webb Fontaine culture focuses on its employees’ success and happiness ensuring they feel valued across the organization. Our team members are identified by their passion and enthusiasm towards excellence and innovation by getting results and developing their skills. Being a team player is key: we care and support each other through integrity and openness.
Webb Fontaine Engineering department consists of both Cross-functional Teams (Technical lead, Product Manager, Scrum Master, Backend/Java/, Frontend/React/ and QA engineers), where engineers are part of a product team; as well as Functional Teams (Test Automation, DevOps engineers) that support the product teams. Our back-end engineers work as part of a product development team, as well as cooperate with each other to improve the overall processes and approaches to back-end development in the company.
We welcome a motivated Java Software Engineer to be involved in implementing new applications, adding improvements and new functionality in existing applications, fixing bugs, analyzing problems, and offering solutions.
Technical stack: Java, SpringBoot, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Kotlin, Reactive Spring, Elasticsearch, Groovy, Grails
Tools: Git, Bitbucket, Jira, IntelliJ idea, Gradle, Maven
What you will do:
1. Participate in developing new applications, as well as rewriting the old applications. Currently, we expand our Products and you will be a part of one of our Product teams and develop new parts of the product and suggest improvements to the existing ones. We also modernize our technologies and a part of your tasks will be rewriting the products based on old technologies (Grails) into modern web applications (SpringBoot). We expect you to bring:
– ownership and responsibility: this means you are to carry responsibility for the tasks assigned to you by taking them from scratch to completion. Staying consistent and responsible are key values here.
– learning skills: we love learning together and keep up with new techs and trends and expect you to share the approach of constant learning with us.
2. Teamwork: the work includes a lot of cross-team collaboration. You will cooperate with QAs, Frontend Developers, Business Analysts, Scrum Masters, Product Managers, and Tech Leads. We expect you to be good at:
– communication: you will work with both technical and non-technical people. You are to be able to deliver the technical information efficiently, and also have persuasive skills to convince others that your suggestions are correct and necessary. English is required, as we also have teams in the Philippines, Ukraine, France, and many more.
– support: at Webb Fontaine, we are always there helping each other achieve success, show solidarity, and understanding.
3. Junior team members mentorship and coaching: we need someone to support our junior team members to improve their technical skills, so we expect you to provide guidance to junior engineers, answer their questions and help in learning new technologies and grow.
– leadership: you are to share clear messages and make complex ideas easy to understand for junior team members and inspire the team to go beyond.
– giving feedback: we invest a lot in our employees’ development and we expect our team members to support the company in this. Giving on-time feedback to help the team members to stay on track is typical work for this position.
– 3+ years of hands-on experience of software development and depth knowledge of Java;
– Experience in Spring/Spring Boot, knowledge of Groovy/Grails is a plus;
– Knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL) and ORM frameworks;
– Good understanding of API, microservice, and integration concepts and technologies, such as REST, JSON, XML, message queues;
– Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery tools;
– Familiarity with performance analysis of JVM applications, understanding of threading, concurrency and problems that can result from concurrent processing;
– Familiarity with containers and logging/monitoring solutions;
– Knowledge of traditional build systems (Gradle, Maven);
– Knowledge of Agile / Scrum process and ceremonies;
– Willingness to travel abroad if required;
– Fluency in English.
– Medical insurance
– Annual performance bonus
– 13th-month salary
– Paid days off
– Continuous Development Program (Certification Programs, Book Clubs, Online Learning Platforms, etc.)
We look forward to meeting you in person to discuss the role in detail and hear about your career goals. Please, apply for the vacancy by pressing the “Apply for job” button below.