Webb Fontaine Group Manila Branch
Data Engineer | Job Summary:
We are looking for a Data Engineer to help implement methods of testing and maintaining optimal data pipeline and recommend ways of data reliability, efficiency, and quality. The Data Engineer is critical in our Software Development process to ensure the required data is available in making the required improvements.
- Develop, test, and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture and recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Develop dataset processes for data modeling, mining, and production
- Facilitates back-end data reconciliation, re-mapping and decommissioning, data flow optimization, process improvements, and project support
- Should be able to do data ingestion/extraction of data from different data sources
- Discover opportunities for data acquisition
- Improve and maintain support documentation
- 3+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineer, Information Technology or another quantitative field
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Must be knowledgeable in Scala and Java programming languages. Familiarity in Python is a plus.
- Must be knowledgeable with the following data engineering tools: Oracle, PostgreSQL, Hadoop (Hive and MapReduce), Spark, Kafka
- Must be familiar in using GIT; Should know how to use Windows and Unix OS
- Familiarization in data model/structure of Customs Data/WCO is a big advantage
- Experience with spark-streaming system and the like
- Must be familiar with Atlassian tools like JIRA, Confluence
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Dedicated to work, can work with minimal supervision
- Good communication skills to present information to the stakeholders
- Ability to work with deadlines and under time constraints
- Can steer meetings with cross-functional teams
How to apply
We look forward to meeting you in person to discuss the role in detail and hear about your career goals. Please, apply for the vacancy by pressing the “Apply for job” button below.