Case study – Côte d’Ivoire
Summary of the project
- Implementation and Operation of the National Single Window for International Trade and building capacity to the private and public sector stakeholders
- Implementation of a Ruling Centre
Description of services provided
- Webb Fontaine implemented its web-based Trade Portal (www.guce.gouv.ci) in Côte d’Ivoire. The portal was initially used by traders to key-in advance import/export information within an electronic document called TVF (Trade Virtual Folder).
- The TVF is further exploited by the joint Webb Fontaine/ Customs Ruling Centre to deliver a Final Classification and Valuation Report (FCVR) directly stored in AsycudaWorld (AW), Côte d’Ivoire Customs system (The local name for AsycudaWorld in Côte d’Ivoire is SydamWorld (Système de Dédouanement Automatisé des Marchandises)), and used by this system to control price value ranges.
- Commercial banks use the TVF within the GUCE to endorse the settlement of each import; the Ministry of Commerce subsequently authorizes the overall transaction through the GUCE.
- Automation of Trade licenses requests by companies and approvals by Regulatory agencies through the Single Window Portal.
- Monitoring of electronic manifests (electronic submission and registration through portal, directly into the Customs system AsycudaWorld), amendments on waybills submitted to Customs for approval.
- Submission of pre-clearance documentation such as Commercial Bank import authorizations, for foreign exchange.
- Declaration processing using Webb Fontaine web based interface directly connected to AsycudaWorld online (still being piloted, 100 declarations a day), live since January 2015
- Electronic payment of cash declarations and licenses (credit declarations to follow) using electronic wallets such as PayPal, credit cards, bank transfer and mobile money.
- Harmonizing data towards standardized national trade data set aligned to the WCO Data Model V3, this is a practical implementation of the model for regulatory agencies.
- Change management and capacity building: design training programs and deliver training in line with the implementation schedule of the National Single Window (NSW); coordinate and deliver short, mid and long term business training and change management programmes across all stakeholders
- ICT Infrastructure: Design, develop, implement, operate and rollout the NSW national data centre and NSW Trade portal together with the necessary telecom and power infrastructure to allow 24/7 Internet-based services.
- Implementation of Government Executive Vision, Webb Fontaine statistical system.