Case study – Philippines
Summary of the project
Business reengineering and design, development and nation-wide rollout of the e2M (Electronic to Mobile) system, local name for TradeWorldManager, Webb Fontaine Customs System and Single Window platform
Interoperability with Value Added Service Providers (VASPs) for the online submission of Customs declarations and electronic Manifests by the trading community. VASPs typically provide interfacing with TWM server
Description of services provided
- Project awarded by the Bureau of Customs (BOC) to Unisys following an International competitive bid, Webb Fontaine was subcontracted to provide TradeWorldManager, the software while Unisys would undertake QA, provision of Hardware and Commercial software as well as implementation components
- Consisted in the migration of the legacy system (Asycuda++) to TradeWorldManager
- Implementation of all Customs ports including Port of Manila (POM), Manila International Container Port (MICP) and the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) representing 80 % of the entries
- Implementation of regulatory agencies licensing and acquittals
- Procurement and configuration of hardware and commercial software
- Setup of a national data centre with high-availability
- Implementation of electronic payment through Philippine Clearing House Corporation(PCHC) acting as a gateway for the transmission of electronic assessment notices between the Bureau of Customs and commercial banks
- Webb Fontaine has established a help desk for the trading community during its maintenance project.
- Prior to the implementation of each feature of the system, BOC needed to draft and sign a Customs Memorandum Order (CMO), as the legal acceptance document of the automated process. About 30 CMOs were issued, corresponding to the current status of implementation.
- Automation of all business processes (Declaration processing , manifest, warehousing, payment, release) including a number of previous manual operations (which were not covered by legacy system Asycuda++): informal entries (simplified declarations), manifest with multi-level B/L , cut-off times for airlines, hold and alerts on Bill of Lading (BOLs), transhipment, warehouse bonds management, integrated e-payment, raw materials Liquidation, on-line release system and other trade related processes.
- Training program for the Customs personnel
Declaration Processing, Payment, Risk Assessment, Release, e-payment
Users accessing the system
Shipping Lines: 533
Warehouse Operators: 116
Arrastre (Terminal Operator): 25
Airport Warehouse: 13
Off-dock Container Yard/Container Freight Station: 14
Customs Staff (Registered Status): 1656